Friday, December 12, 2014

Clueless, Brain Damage, Blogging and Condiments. Follow the Map, She Says....

Do I really have any clue what I am doing here? 

Nope! But I am trying to do it my way for a change.

Along with following some advice that I have read from other bloggers. The biggest problem I seem to have is that my brain is not directly attached to my blog writer. Of course, I would prefer my brain remain inside my head, but you get the idea. 



I come up with ideas while doing the most mundane things, but I cannot stop in the middle of driving, or cooking, or brushing my teeth. I start to "write the opening" in my head, it sounds good, sometimes it sounds freaking brilliant.

But by the time I'm actually able to get to my computer to physically write it out.... 

Gone, Gone, Gone. I'm lucky if I can remember what I wanted to write about. Much less what I was going to say about the topic. 

How is that possible? I suffer from what I call 


"STROKE BRAIN"

It is a result of the stroke I had three years ago and the continuing seizures that affect the same area of my brain. There are fancy medical names for what I have, but stroke brain is easier and quite frankly, its a funnier way to excuse the silly mistakes I make in everyday life. 

After our Day of Giving Thanks dinner, we were showing some family members a few of the antiques we had picked up recently. I handed over a salt and pepper shaker set, telling my step daughter.


"Here taste this." 

What I intended to say was, "Here look at this."

But my brain connected S&P to food plus it looks like a toaster with toast, so by the time it came out of my mouth....Taste not look.

I didn't even know I did it. 

But it was pointed out.

I was slightly embarrassed. 

But I joked and moved forward. 

But inside my head, I can still think correctly, just like before. 

But that is not what this is about. It is about....


"MY BLOG" 

When I started this I thought I would write about my kids and grand kids and all the past and present fun I was having with them. So I thought I might me a 

"MOM BLOGGER"

But then I started writing about social events and the news. That sort of made me less "MOM" and more of a 


"SOCIAL COMMENTATOR" 

But that didn't feel right to me either because I wanted to write about my life and what was happening in MY world. 

Then a fellow blogger who I really like and has posted advice that I have tried to follow also questioned her own blogging style. +Janice Wald was told that she was a lifestyle blogger in her blog Janice Wald's Reflection . The mention was a small part of an overall great blog on nature vs. nurture, which I still need to comment on BTW. 

But it made me really start to think. 

Which can be dangerous. 

Is that my style also? Or am I something else? 

I want to do everything.

Because that is what I am used to doing. I spent my entire adult life doing it all. 


But I was suddenly doing a lot less and now that I am trying to do something for MYSELF I want it all again. 

On my terms. 

So Who and What am I as a blogger? How do I find out? How did you, as bloggers, find out where you fit? 

Is there such a thing as an everything blogger? That is who I want to be. If I feel like blogging about where I had dinner last week or my bratty teen pregnant daughter, can I ?

 How about product reviews? I have a couple of them right now on the waiting list.  

I love to review restaurants. Yelp and I are besties. 

Can I do it all and will people actually read someone who is 

All over the map blogging wise? 

Like I said at the beginning. NO CLUE, but my way!  

Let me know what you think. 




No comments:

Post a Comment